You’re here because you want to do something.
AWESOME. Big things are in your future.
And we’re here to keep you inspired.
But first, two rules.
1. Celebrate Growth. Take time to celebrate your progress & the progress of everyone around you.
2. Ban Perfection. Mantra: Perfection doesn’t exist. Perfection doesn’t exist. Perfection doesn’t exist.
Nice work, you strong, passionate world-changer.
Now you are ready to:
- Take the first step and be a vegan ally. Decide you’ll transition to vegan. We must ALL work to end the notion that it’s OK to ignore speciesism in the US. Scroll down to our inspiration & motivation board to get you started. And remember: You can be an ally and advocate for many social justice issues at once. This might be the corniest thing we’ve ever said, but love really is infinite.
- It’s not just your imagination; single-issue veganism IS a trap. We need to show up for human liberation and equality, too. Plus, it’s impossible to reach more folks about veganism without ever HONESTLY considering people at all. Decide to be a vegan who learns about and speaks up about all forms of systemic oppression. And, remember, nobody wins the “oppression olympics“.
- Let’s keep this connection going on social media! See our links on the bottom of the page. Not into it? No worries. Click here and we’ll be happy to keep you in the loop via our seasonal (quarterly) event email.
INSPIRATION & MOTIVATION BOARD
Stoned & Vegan
The Mask You Live In
Fawn’s Amazing Recovery
The Power of Our Food Choices
Afrofuturism and Black Veganism
Let’s Ease Your Fears About Veganism
Self-love > Confidence > Empowerment
The Secret Reason We Eat Meat
Factory Farm Drones
Cause and Effect
Sea The Truth
Vitamin B12: Get some!
VegWeb: The recipe jackpot
Happy Cow: Our favorite food app
AllBulkFoods: If you buy food online
16 Personalities; Find Yours
How the World Sees You
The Laundry List
Womb of Light
By Any Greens Necessary
We All Have the Same Needs
Empathy – Give and Receive It
The Myth of Big, Bad Gluten
Vegan Feminist Network
The Vegan Dietitian
Black Vegans Rock
The Vegan Stoner
Striving With Systems
Vegan For Life: THE BEST nutrition guide.
We Are All Weird
1,000 Vegan Recipes
Healthy Relationships 101
Help Yourself; Kids Cookbook
Mind if I Order the Cheeseburger?
Aphro-ism: Essays on Pop Culture, Feminism,
and Black Veganism from Two Sisters
Vegan Soul Kitchen
Cook the Pantry
Fire and Spice
The Lusty Vegan
Steal Like An Artist!