You’re here because you want to do something – AWESOME.
Big things are in your future. And we’re here to keep you inspired & connected.
But first, two rules.
1. Celebrate Victories. Take time to celebrate your progress & the progress of everyone around you.
2. Ban Perfection. Mantra: Perfection doesn’t exist. Perfection doesn’t exist. Perfection doesn’t exist.
Nice work, you strong, honest, compassionate consciousness-lifter! Now you are ready to:
- Take the first step and decide to be a vegan ally. Decide you’ll transition to veganism. We must ALL work to end the notion that it’s OK to ignore veganism in the US. Scroll down and check out our inspiration board to get you started. And remember: You can be an ally or advocate for many social justice issues at once. This might be the corniest thing we’ve ever said, but love really is infinite. See the inspiration board below to get your ball rolling!!
- It’s not just your imagination; single-issue veganism IS a trap. We need to show up for human liberation and equality, too. Plus, it’s impossible to reach more people about veganism without ever HONESTLY considering people at all. Decide to be a vegan who learns about and speaks up about all forms of systemic oppression. And, remember, nobody wins the “oppression olympics“.
- Join us on social media. (see bottom of this page)
- Do you lust for mild-to-moderate, fleeting internet fame? Are you an ally or vegan? We’ll feature you and make you famous to a small but amazing group of humans! Shoot us your story. And don’t scrimp on the embarrassing details, please. 😉
- Buy a VOAA shirt. Each of our seven shirt designs are – along with our official logo and this website – creations of brilliant and electrifying artist, Miss Eaves. They’re great conversation starters. (And who doesn’t enjoy sparking awkward conversations about veganism on purpose?!)
- We plan to switch to re-used shirts as soon as we can. One of our favorite activists ever, Melissa Charlana (@nastyvegan), is already doing it!! Get yourself one and join her vegan bike gang!!)
- Donate – any amount you can – so we can reach more people through videos and events.
- Too busy right now but want don’t want to lose touch? Click here and we’ll keep you in the loop. Unlike many email lists, ours is strictly quarterly. 🙂
The Mask You Live In
Fawn’s Amazing Recovery
The Power of Our Food Choices
Afrofuturism and Black Veganism
The Secret Reason We Eat Meat
SuperMeat is 5 Years Away
Factory Farm Drones
Cause and Effect
Sea The Truth
Vitamin B12: Get some!
VegWeb: The recipe jackpot
Happy Cow: Our favorite food app
AllBulkFoods: If you buy food online
16 Personalities; Find Yours
How the World Sees You
The Laundry List
Womb of Light
By Any Greens Necessary
We All Have the Same Needs
Empathy – Give and Receive It
The Myth of Big, Bad Gluten
Vegan Feminist Network
The Vegan Dietitian
Black Vegans Rock
The Vegan Stoner
Striving With Systems
Vegan For Life: THE BEST nutrition guide.
We Are All Weird
1,000 Vegan Recipes
Healthy Relationships 101
Help Yourself; Kids Cookbook
Mind if I Order the Cheeseburger?
Vegan Soul Kitchen
Cook the Pantry
Fire and Spice
The Lusty Vegan
Steal Like An Artist!